The kitchen is the food factory of every home and needs some degree of remodeling once in a while. We have laid out a huge spread of kitchen remodeling ideas. Small apartments to large villas, there is something for everyone, to suit every need and budget. With our how-to guides, you can get insights into planning and choosing the right contractors for your next kitchen remodeling project.
Cleaning your oven is similar to visiting the dentist. Few of us look forward to the experience (and some of us despise it), but the concept of cleaning is often worse than the actual cleaning.
Oven cleaning doesn’t have to be a daunting task, either mentally or physically, if you have the correct information and tools. Here are some quick tips to make your oven cleaning a less tiresome process.
Why Keep The Oven Clean?
Cleaning your oven regularly increases the quality of the food you cook in it, although it’s not a glamorous activity and can easily fall “out of sight, out of mind.”
The smells of any stuck-on oil or grime could have an impact on the dish you’re preparing. Ew! Isn’t that disgusting?
Quick Look At How To Clean A Dirty Oven?
- Before starting your cleaning, remove all the racks, roasting trays, and grilling spokes from inside.
- Get rid of all the dry dirt and food residue with a paper towel or wipe.
- Get your oven cleaner and spray it all over. Leave it for some time or overnight as per the directions. Avoid the heating spaces to avoid any damage.
- Don’t forget the glasses too.
- Clean the racks by submerging them in a bucket full of dishwashing liquid and water. Keep it overnight and scrub the dirt off them.
Tips To Clean A Dirty Oven
- Instead of your oven cleaner spray, you can make a paste of water and baking soda and apply it wherever you use the spray. Keep it overnight. The following day, use a damp cloth with vinegar and scrub it off, or if the stains are too tricky, use a rubber spatula. Use a pair of rubber gloves for this process.
- Place two halved lemons in an oven-safe basin filled with water. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit before putting this bowl inside and allowing it to rest for an hour. Open the oven door and wipe away the grease with a moist cloth once the inside has cooled down to a comfortable temperature.
- This method is effective for cleaning filthy oven windows. In a bowl of warm water, soak a wrapped dishwashing tablet and massage it on the glass. Repeat the process many times more before wiping the glass with a cloth.
- It’s quick and easy to apply this spray-on combination. Combine 15 mL borax, 25 mL vegetable oil, dishwashing soap, and a quart of warm water in a mixing bowl. Pour the solution into a spray bottle. Spray the oven walls, wait half an hour, and then clean them. Remove all remnants of the solution by carefully rinsing it.
How To Maintain A Clean Oven?
The oven will become dirty if you use it, but you know what they say about an ounce of prevention. Place a cookie sheet under dishes that may spill or drip, and be sure to cover dishes that are prone to spattering. Sprinkle salt on any spills right away, then scrape it off once the oven cools. Do not use the oven again until you have cleaned up the spill.
Cleaning a filthy oven isn’t easy, but it’s thankfully not a common household duty. You can clean it only twice a year if you are attentive. Keep one of these home remedies for cleaning a dirty oven guide on hand for future reference once you’ve found a technique that works for you.