Drapes add elegance to your living spaces. They also regulate temperature and the flow of natural light into the rooms. Drapery panels used to install the curtains act as decor elements and add a special touch to your interiors. Installing window drapes is a simple task that can be accomplished in a few minutes. Here is an easy step-by-step guide on how to install window drapes in your room.
- Materials required include a
tool box, a power drill, metal or wooden brackets and pre-stitched curtains of your choice that fit the windows measurements.
- The curtains should be long enough to reach the floor or the skirting above it. Choose brackets that extend beyond the depth of the window, else the drapes will not fall evenly. For wider windows, you may need to place an additional bracket
the centre, in line with those at the ends.
- Begin by measuring the height of the curtain panel with a measuring tape. Mark the bracket placement three inches above and two to three inches away from the edges of the window. Doing so not only gives a neat look but also allows for full coverage of the window.
- After taking measurements, it is time to fix the brackets on the wall. If you are installing the drapes on metal brackets, place the brackets at the marked spots. Using a carpenter’s level
ensurethat the sides of the bracket align with the edges of the window.
- Drill screws into the holes of the brackets and secure them in place.
- Insert the pre-stitched curtains into the curtain rods and slide them into
rod-holdersection of the brackets.
- After adjusting the pleats of the curtains, screw in the finials to the ends of the rods and dress them as desired.
This is pretty much how you can install most types of drapes to make your room looking smarter. And what is more, following these steps you can install a single set of drapes in just under half an hour.