Your lake house is the place where you unwind and spend quality time with your family, friends and most importantly yourself. Give your lake house a relaxing yet sophisticated feel to enjoy every moment spent.
Your summer lake house no matter how small or big needs a decoration that gives you a calm and relaxed feel. If you’re looking for cool revamping for your summer lake house or cottage, start by giving a face-lift to the outdoors before proceeding to indoors. Color it with a soft pastel shade or the best of all, white to give it a sophisticated and royal look.
- Soft effect in your living and bedroom can be easily acquired with light colored curtains.
- Make sure that the waterfront views are not blocked by heavy doors and windows. Instead, use sliding glass doors that give you complete view when open.
- Make sure that your seating furniture is durable and requires minimum maintenance. As the air will be a bit salty, it may damage delicate furniture. Also ensure that the color of the furniture is in contrast with the wall colors that will give a distinctive effect to the overall décor.
- If you want an effortless décor, make sure that the color style is simple and light so that you can give a sharp contrast to it with vibrant colors on cushions and décor items.
- Your prime view area should be devoid of very heavy furniture and artistic decor. You would not want to take away the beauty of the natural view and stuff your room with artifacts. Your focus should be on the view and how to make it the primary attraction.
- Make room for extra seating as well to accommodate crowd often. But make sure it is portable and space saving so that it doesn’t look cramped and overstuffed.
- Adding mix motif and styles surely add to the casual and informal tone of the house.
- Giving your lake house a rustic feel instead of a well groomed look also works well in your favor of giving it a natural appearance. For e.g. teak wood color flooring with light greenish color of the walls will compliment the natural beauty of your house.
- Add a personal touch with framed photos of family members and attach it on the cabinet doors, giving your walls a personalized look.
- Make sure that the master bedroom has a calming and relaxing effect by keeping the color scheme very light and turning it into a serene oasis for you.
- For a perfect lakeside dining experience, give your dining table and chairs a rustic look. For e.g. a raw finished wooden table with iron chairs would be ideal for an outdoor lunch or dinner with family.
Your summer lake house is your place to spend quality time with your loved ones, decorate it in a way that whether it’s your ‘me’ time or a time of partying and casual get together, your getaway paradise gets admiring glances from one and all.