Bookcases are mainly intended to keep the books organized. Don’t think they are just bookshelves because your home will be filled with reading material without them. There are several ways to decorate the bookshelf that resembles a modern look. Modern bookshelf decorating ideas can make them functional as well as good-looking.
Here are a few modern bookshelf decorating ideas:
While you are planning the display, first you need to consider the purpose of the shelf. Is it only for placing large number of books or is it also used to place some home decoration pieces? These modern bookshelf decorating ideas will definitely give you some idea.
- Balance all the books with decorative pieces.
- Try to create symmetry while placing the books.
- While arranging the books, don’t make the shelves full of books; instead, try to leave some empty spaces for a well-organized look.
- Create interest with learning books
- Use different stacking methods to bring variety. Keep same-colored books on one shelf to create symmetry to the bookshelf and bring life to it.
- Try to employ a restricted color palette.
- If you want to cover the books and then place them on the bookshelf, try to use uniform color paper that can match your bookcase.
- Arranging the books by color can bring life to the bookcase.
- Try to bring a gradient effect.
- Use the books as decorative pops of color.
- Use boxes to hide the clutter in the bookcase.
- If you want to display the decorative items, make sure that they match well with the color of the books. Also, don’t make the shelf too much by adding more books and decorative pieces.
- Use art to bring a sense of depth.
- You can also consider painting the back wall of the bookcase. Ensure that the paint matches the rest of the decorations and wall paintings.
- Instead of painting the backspace of the bookshelf, you can consider painting the sides, top, bottom, and edges. Use different color effects to bring creativity.
- You can try sticking different wallpaper patterns at the back of the bookshelf. You can use geometric shapes or any other patterns. Consider using the wallpaper that adds metallic details.
- Using architecturally interesting bookcases is one of the most modern bookshelf decorating ideas. Choose a bookcase that resembles a work of art.